Wrinkle is something that most women around the age of forty often deal with. This is one of the signs of aging on the skin. Wrinkles are a normal phenomenon of the skin when the skin collagen starts to degrade. In some cases, wrinkles affect even younger individuals if their skin is exposed to dehydration and excessive sun exposure. Because of this, anti-wrinkle creams have become very popular across the globe. Anti-wrinkle creams are very reliable because apart from being effective on removing unpleasant wrinkles, these are also much cheaper than filler injections.
Thanks to the efficient anti aging skin care ingredients, the best anti wrinkle creams works well in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles within 6 to 8 weeks of continuous use. However, because there are so many anti wrinkle creams in the market these days, it could be a hassle choosing for the best one. For this, you need to know the criteria of finding an effective anti-wrinkle cream.
Criteria when Looking for the Best Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- First off, you need to know the effective ingredients that helps reduce wrinkles. Tretinoin is one effective ingredient that is often used in anti wrinkle creams. It works by decreasing the cohesiveness of the skin’s follicular epithelial cells. Apart from that tretinoin also boosts the mitotic activity of the said cells. Tretinoin is also sometimes called Retin-A. Make sure your chosen anti wrinkle cream contains this active ingredient.
- You may want to check for reviews of the product to see what people are saying about its results. Online reviews are very helpful to find out whether a product really works. Here, you can hear directly from the users about their experience in using the product. So before you purchase an anti wrinkle cream, it is best to read as much reviews as you can find about the product.
- If you are purchasing it online, choose a site that offers money back guarantees. This way, you are sure that your money is not going to waste in case the product doesn’t work for you. Money back guarantees are also evidences that the product works and the manufacturer can be trusted.
- Prices for anti wrinkle creams can range from cheap to very expensive. But don’t be fooled. Some people think that because a product is cheap, it means it does not work and the most expensive ones are the best. Do not just rely on the cost, but also check its ingredients and its reviews.
- Do your research well. It helps to research on the best anti wrinkle products as you have so many selections to choose from. Don’t just go to their sites as they will always say the best things about their product. Make sure to research on what the actual users are saying about them.
The Best Anti Wrinkle Creams of 2012
To help you narrow your selections, we made our own research on the three best anti wrinkle creams. This review is a result of hours of research among several product review sites. This will give you an idea what the best anti wrinkle creams can offer.
#1 – Lifecell Skin Care
The Lifecell Skin Care is our number one anti wrinkle cream for this year for several reasons. Firstly because we find that it is most favored by users and it has over 90% positive feedback. Even celebrities like Paula Abdul and Giles Marini use this! What we liked about Lifecell Skin Care is that we found out it helps improve the appearance of photo-damaged skin dramatically. After that, it also protects the skin from future signs of aging. Apart from revitalizing the skin, it also eliminates the appearance of wrinkles and lines as well as improving the skin’s elasticity and firmness.
Pro’s of Lifecell Skin Care:
- Instant results.
- Clinically proven and tested ingredients.
- Dark circles are reduced.
- Results are long term.
- Reduces skin sagging on the neck.
Cons of Lifecell Skin care:
- A bit expensive for $189 for 60-day supply.
#2 – Kollagen Intensiv
The top two anti wrinkle cream in our list would be Kollagen Intensiv. We found out that this product is very effective in filling fine lines on the skin, helps in reducing crow’s feet, minimizes dark circles, evens out skin tone and makes skin smooth and silky. What makes this product effective is because of its active ingredients that boosts natural moisturizing factor of the skin. With the skin’s enhanced moisture, it becomes more elastic and smooth, thus prevents signs of aging. Not only that, it also diminishes fine lines and puffiness of the skin. This is perfect to use if you are starting to have fine lines and wrinkles because it effectively removed existing ones.
Pros of Kollagen Intensiv:
- Great alternative for Botox injections.
- Clinically proven and tested.
- Results in 84 days.
- Costs half among other anti aging products.
Cons of Kollagen Intensiv:
- Results are not that fast.
#3 – Revitol Anti Wrinkle System
The Revitol Anti Wrinkle System made it to our top three anti wrinkle creams of 2012. This system comes in a set of three separate products: anti wrinkle lotion, hydrating serum and moisturizing cream. Ordering a set of Revitol Anti Wrinkle System will give you a month’s supply for $99.95. This amazing anti wrinkle system contains active moisturizing ingredients like Argireline (acetyl hexapeptide-3), Matrixyl (palmitoyl pentapeptide-3) and a bit of hyaluronic acid. It also comes with idebenone which is a powerful antioxidant along with Vitamin A and C. You can use the products for massaging the affected area and then the skin will absorb the ingredients so that it heals the skin.
Pros of Revitol Anti Wrinkle System:
- Gets rid of wrinkles effectively.
- Contains high moisturizing ingredients.
- Helps tighten the skin, thus reducing wrinkles and sagginess.
Cons of Revitol Anti Wrinkle System:
- $39.95 for 1.5 oz. jar is a bit too costly for a moisturizer.